Aster (cable) i Sony KDL32-V4500 : possible?

Holicool

Dzien dobry,

Przepraszam bardzo, ale nie mowie po polsku :-s
I hope somebody can answer to me in English :)

I have Aster (Cable TV) at home and use the Motoral Mpeg-2 decoder to watch the channels in digital quality. I have just bought my first HDTV (Sony KDL32-V4500) and this tv has an integrated cable decoder (DVB-C, either in Mpeg2 or Mpeg4).

Yesterday, I wanted to get rid of this big black Motoral decoder from Aster and only use my TV for this, so that I can control everything from one "pilot" ;)

My TV finds all the channels, classifies them, gives them names, everything looks fine at first ! There is just one big issue: when I want to watch a channel, the screen remains black ! The weird thing is that the TV tells me the program name, I can even change the subtitles (Polish/English/etc), but no picture and no sound !

Is there anyway to watch Aster without their Motoral decoder? Or is it mandatory to use that awful black box ? :)

Dziekuje za pomoc !

DJ_Adi

Holicool napisał:
Dzien dobry,

Przepraszam bardzo, ale nie mowie po polsku :-s
I hope somebody can answer to me in English :)

I have Aster (Cable TV) at home and use the Motoral Mpeg-2 decoder to watch the channels in digital quality. I have just bought my first HDTV (Sony KDL32-V4500) and this tv has an integrated cable decoder (DVB-C, either in Mpeg2 or Mpeg4).

Yesterday, I wanted to get rid of this big black Motoral decoder from Aster and only use my TV for this, so that I can control everything from one "pilot" ;)

My TV finds all the channels, classifies them, gives them names, everything looks fine at first ! There is just one big issue: when I want to watch a channel, the screen remains black ! The weird thing is that the TV tells me the program name, I can even change the subtitles (Polish/English/etc), but no picture and no sound !

Is there anyway to watch Aster without their Motoral decoder? Or is it mandatory to use that awful black box ? :)

Dziekuje za pomoc !

First af all, are u sure that this TV has DBV-C decoder not DVB-T ?
Even if it's DVB-C decoder inside, I assume that without uniqe authorization ID u won't be able to watch Aster digital channels. I think they check if the decoder has right to do so. So, Motorola which u got from them has this let's say " secur ID", new Kaon HDTV decoder also, and your TV - not.
That's a problem.

Holicool

Czesc DJ_Adi and dziekuje for the answer :)

The TV has a DVB-C tuner (cable) and a DVB-T tuner (terrestrial tv), both in Mpeg2 or Mpeg4.

Regarding your explanation about "secured ID", I think you are probably right. I will check with Aster about this. I also know that my TV has a PCMCIA slot to insert an "abonament card", maybe there is a way to insert an "Aster ID card" and get access to the channels via my tv directly...

Dzieki za pomoc ;)

Gizmo102

Holicool napisał:
Czesc DJ_Adi and dziekuje for the answer :)

The TV has a DVB-C tuner (cable) and a DVB-T tuner (terrestrial tv), both in Mpeg2 or Mpeg4.

Regarding your explanation about "secured ID", I think you are probably right. I will check with Aster about this. I also know that my TV has a PCMCIA slot to insert an "abonament card", maybe there is a way to insert an "Aster ID card" and get access to the channels via my tv directly...

Dzieki za pomoc ;)
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my W4000. I am very anxious whether you have found out something with Aster in order to use all digital capabilities of your TV. Regards :)

Holt_

Bez reklam
Holicool napisał:
Is there anyway to watch Aster without their Motoral decoder?

No, there isn`t.

Holicool napisał:
Or is it mandatory to use that awful black box ? :)

!

Yes, it is. You can only change it for new decoder Kaon with the possibility of watching HDTV. But general rules of decoder`s working are the same. You always need their tuner, and you can`t use the own DVB-C tuner.

Holicool

Grrr... :twisted:

I was planning to send (po polsku !) an email to the technical team of Aster to ask about this, but seems like you already answered to my question :(

I know that the latest HDTV (such as the Sony models) have a PCMCIA slot to insert a "CAM" card, meaning a card to access paying DVB-C or DVB-T channels.

I will still send them an email to make some lobbying :D It pisses me off that they oblige their customers to use their decoder...

Do góry