TCL U50S7906 AC-3 surround sound from DLNA server

D

Daag

Hello from Latvia =] As I can see here you got the most active discussion about new TLC tv-sets. So, few days ago i bought new U50S7906 for 520 euro. After few days of usage can say same as everyone here. Software part of this tv needs a lot of improvements. Visually and technically. But picture is good enough to have no complaints about it. I know nothing about matrix refresh rate, but even in intense 4k action scenes i have no laggish picture. Maybe sometimes if you will try to catch it, you will found out what something is moving not so smooth. But as soon as you will start to catch this laggish moments, you will stop to watch movie. So I already watch different kind of movies in different kind of video formats. But i got one problem. This TV is not processing sound in DTS format, but working with Dolby Digital. And DD is AC-3 format. So i have video files with AC-3 5.1 surround sound. And i have audio receiver connected to TV with optical cable. If i watching video from USB my receiver shows what it gets all 6 channels for surround sound, but if i watching same video file from PC using Plex Media Server my receiver shows what it gets only 2 channels, left and right front. So i got a question and hoping someone can answer it. Is it a problem in TV or in my receiver? Can someone play video with AC-3 surround sound using DLNA and connect TV to audio receiver? Thanks a lot.

D

Daag

Thanks for link Wiesiek. A lot of useful information. I tried KODI and three other media servers. But same result. Before TLC i used same setup on LG tv. Same receiver, same media server, same cable. But with LG it worked fine. I think problem is in tv. Same as if u are using subtitles from usb or from dlna. As i understand from some posts here, tv recognise subtitles on usb and cant see from dlna. If tv can't passthrough AC3 multichannel sound to optical output, it will do it from any input. But it works from usb, works from hdmi, but don't work from dlna. Some software problem. I hope someday some update will solve it. But hope is weak, coz i'm waiting for five days to get an answer from tcl.eu. I even asked russian support for help and they answered next day. But they are not selling this model in russia. So they cant help.

PS: i'm from jelgava. weather is shitty. no sun for about two weeks. +3 - +5 day and night. rainy and windy. waiting for a real winter.

Do góry